Not All Surveillance Cameras are the Same
You can’t just slap any security camera system on your property and call it a day. There are a lot of things to consider, given that security cams vary when it comes to their features. Some cameras are simple but just enough to do the job. Others feature state-of-the art technology. To get the right system, you need to know what will fit your needs.
- How big is the area? Are there corners or blind spots that can provide cover for intruders?
- Is the area well lighted? If outdoors, will night vision be a better option than installing floodlights?
- Wired or wireless? Wireless setups has been the rage in security systems, but wired cameras also has advantages that suit specific cases. What about a hybrid wired/wireless setup?
- Does the supplier provide options for software patches and updates? How about upgrades and warranties?
- How much is your budget? The latest models can be very interesting. But additional features means additional costs. Also not every feature available in the market will be useful for your needs.